aLoHA...

wElCOMe tO My StReEt

Saturday, January 26, 2008

my experiences when practical training...


During sixth month in Gugusan Hijau Sdn Bhd, I learn many things and I get a lot of new experiences. First day I worked, I was very nervous because before this I never work in office. But with supporting from the staff I could do that. They always help me when I have a problem and they also teach me how to do the work.
Many experience I get when work in GHSB, I can practice all knowledge that I learn in my course. I also learn new things, which I am not learned in college. From this training, I can expose myself to the reality-working environment and also can improve my technical knowledge. From that I also can improve my soft skills such as how to communicate with client, build myself to be more independent and confident, and also build a good teamwork with other staff.
Furthermore, the GHSB have rules to follow by staff in this organization. Below are the rules that use in this company:
i. Comes into office at 8.00 a.m and back at 5.00 p.m.
ii. Record name in logbook at Mohamed Asri & Co.
iii. Wear a good clothes and smart in office.
iv. Lunch time for staff is at 1.00 p.m for one hour.
v. Inform to supervisor when doing outdoor work.
vi. Give a medical certificate when on leave.
vii. All staff must maintain their work quality.
viii. Every week all staff and trainee must passed-up the time sheet and logbook
for trainees.

For sixth month in Gugusan Hijau Sdn Bhd, I replaced the old assistant accountant which quit. Because of that, I liable to do double entry bookkeeping for every month starting January 2007 until November 2007.Gugusan Hijau Sdn Bhd was use a UBS Accounting system. For your information, I don’t know how to use this system because in college I just learn the MYOB system only. But this is not problem for me because both of this is same. Furthermore, with help from Mr.Ramesh, I was able to create a new account with a new coding to make me easy to do transaction. After that I was keyed in the opening balance for every account using audited files for reference. I also make journal ledger manually before I directly key in to the system. From that, I can avoid any mistaken. Using UBS accounting system, I was making transaction maintenance from January until current date for all account such as estate expenditure account, debtor account, creditor account, sales account and etc.
Besides that, I also depreciate all fixed asset owner by GHSB such as motor vehicle, buildings, plant and machinery, furniture and fittings. This company has using straight-line method for monthly to depreciate fixed assets. I also do calculation for hire purchase interest suspense, monthly repayment and principal for installment. Every month after received bank statement I also make bank reconciliation to all bank account. After finished make all transactions, I must prepare a Profit & Loss account, Balance Sheet account, Trial Balance account and Estate Expenditure account monthly to submit to Mr. Ramesh. Mr. Ramesh the person who is in charge to check my work before I submit to director.
Other than that, I also expose with administration and management work. For example key in data for the list of food that has been ordered by workers using excel and also record manually in the logbook, checking and calculating the balance of food advance after deduction for every month in logbook. For every month, I will help Miss Ima to calculate the payroll for workers at farm. We calculate the payroll using the daily basic method. I also check and calculate net wages after deduct food advance, permit, and other charges such as payment for bicycle, money, things and penalty. I able to record matrixes tan of harvesting that has been received from foreman using excel for every month. Then, I will compare with sales invoice from LKPP Pahang. I able to manage check and analyze sales statement for instance harvesting, manure, weeding and spraying, internal transport and etc.In other hand, I also do office work such as typing letter to send to client, photostatting, filing, printing and so on. Filling system in Gugusan Hijau also not systematic, those cause me trouble to find correct file quickly. For overcome this problem, I do separation files by sorting follow by project.
Moreover, before I was sent to Gugusan Hijau Sdn Bhd I also learn how to audit company for one week in Mohamed Asri & Co. I was helping Miss Shima to audit the account of Gugusan Hijau Sdn Bhd for year 2006.For example, I was checking amount for Sales and Subcont received and also do summary about this account, checking TKI food advance, TKI permit account with logbook to check whether the amount correct or not with computerized.
In addition, during my practical training I face with many problems such as the system inefficient, they still use Window Me 98th edition which this is not suitable to use in this era. The communication among Indonesian workers low because they cannot speak Malay or English properly. So, misunderstanding always occurred. The problem not comes from workers only. It also sometimes cause by foreman. They always sent the matrixes tan of lorry late. So, this make my work which is calculating the payroll cannot do on time.
As conclusion, this company is the best choice to send trainer doing their practical training because they can learn many things there. Other than that, they can try to build a new system to apply what they learn before, to make the work easier. They also can learn many new things not only working but also social life as a worker and can prepare themselves with reality working environment.

No comments: